News

Outbreak continues at Rockwood Terrace, no new cases reported


Article content

Another COVID-19 case has been resolved in a staff member at the Rockwood Terrace long-term care home in Durham.

Article content

There are now four active cases among residents of the home and three active cases among staff, according to an update provided by Grey County on Monday.

Six resident cases and four staff cases are considered resolved.

On Friday, the county reported that a resident of the home had died after contracting the virus.

In Monday’s update it said that no new PCR test results had been received, with results from tests taken on Dec. 30 expected soon. PCR tests of residents and staff are continuing every three days.

The outbreak at the home was declared after the county received confirmation of positive cases at the home on Dec. 22.

The outbreak was originally for only the second floor of the home, but was expanded to the entire facility for precautionary reasons.

Over the weekend an update from the county’s director of long-term carem Jennifer Cornell said staff at the home had been strained, but Monday’s update said staffing levels at the home were stabilizing.

“We are thankful to our committed staff at Rockwood Terrace who continue to step up to the challenges during the outbreak showing courage, compassion and dedication,” Cornell said Monday. “We are also grateful for the continued support of Designated Care Partners. Their support makes a world of difference not just for their loved ones, but for our staff as well.”



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

close